Red Arc Coronavirus Disinfecting process:
While the step-by-step process will vary depending on our customers' specific needs, COVID-19 disinfecting jobs fall into two categories:
- Level 1 - Confirmed case or suspected case
- Level 2 - Preventative disinfecting
Both level 1 and level 2 cleanings use electrostatic spraying as the primary method of applying disinfectant, however pre-wiping of heavily soiled surfaces may be required. Moisture sensitive surfaces such as office electronics are wiped to ensure no damage is done to these devices.
Electrostatic spraying works by atomizing disinfectant into a very fine mist. This mist carries a positive charge which makes the disinfectant attracted to surfaces and repelled by other disinfectant particles, resulting in even surface coverage that is up to 80% greater than surface coverage from non-electrostatic spray.
- Benefits of Electrostatic Spray:
- High surface transfer efficiency
- Reduces surface cross-contamination
- Fast and convenient
- Allows disinfecting from safe distances
- Recognized by the EPA to reduce secondary contamination
All disinfectants used by RedArc during COVID-19 decontamination jobs are pre-approved by the EPA for use against coronavirus. The complete list of approved disinfectants (also called the EPA's N-list) can be found here.
Differences between Level 1 and Level 2 coronavirus cleanings:
Proceedures Followed, Level 1:
- Electrostatic spraying of coronavirus disinfectant
- Wiping of moisture sensitive surfaces
- Level C PPE with N95 mask and goggles
- Proper disposal of used PPE
- Personnel health monitoring program
- Level C PPE with full face respirator
- Carpet cleanig and disinfecting (if elected)
- HEPA air filtration (if elected)
Proceedures Followed, Level 2:
Our goal is to keep you safe!
That is why we have put procedures in place to ensure Red Arc is not responsible for the continued spread of coronavirus in Texas. Employee health monitoring, equipment decontamination and proper use of PPE are all ways we are trying to reduce the risk of spreading the virus as we carry out our essential responsibilities.
To learn more about what Red Arc Environmental is doing to help stop the spread of coronavirus click here.